I can’t believe I’ve reached the halfway point in the 52 Ancestors challenge.
Of course, there’s still much work to be done and more stories to tell.
I realized that I’ve done little research or writing about my maternal grandmother’s side of the family, so my next two posts are going to be about that line.
Fay Coats is my great-grandfather. He died only a few years after I was born, so I don’t have many recollections of him.
Here’s what I do know from a collection of sources on Ancestry.com and an old book my grandfather had:
- He is the son of Miner Elmer Coats and Alice Angeline Webb Coats.
- He was born May 22, 1910, probably in Arkansas, as that was where he lived most, if not all, of his life.
- He and Mabel Loveland on Jan. 18, 1930, in Lawrence County, Arkansas.
- He and Mabel had three children, Elmer, Betty (my grandmother) and Dinah.
- He died March 29, 1979, in Walnut Ridge, Arkansas.
Clearly, I’ve got quite a bit of work to do to find out more about him and his life. Perhaps there will be an update in the near future.